Mental Health Related News
Here you can find any updates and news related to My Counselling Clinic and Mental Health in general.
Is Telehealth just as effective as Face to Face Counselling?
Yes! Research Results suggest telehealth as a viable care alternative with no significant differences between in-person and telehealth groups.
ADHD and ASD Related News
- The ADDitude Guide to ADHD Awareness Month 2022
- Q: “What Is a Covert Narcissist? And Was I Married to One?”
- Meet the Teacher: 5 Ways to Improve Back-to-School Communication
- “They All Feed Off Each Other:” Stories of Life with ADHD and Comorbidities
- How Do You Pay the “ADHD Tax?”
- “Wasting Time on Social Media? 6 Ways to Stop ADHD Brains from Doom Scrolling”
Trauma Support News
- Overview of the Guidelines
- Summary of Recommended Treatments for Adults
- Summary of Recommended Treatments for Children and Adolescents
- Treatment for posttraumatic stress disorder
- What is posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and how can you recover?
- Treating posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD): A patient guide to psychological treatments
ABC News on Mental Health
- Green time replaces screen time to help kids stay calm and happy
- Annas was fed up by the silence of mosque leaders after a man took his life. He decided to speak out
- There's an illness impacting nearly half of all young Australians. It's time to do something about it
- How maths anxiety makes your brain shut down — and what you can do about it
- How does depression work? Analysis finds it's not caused by low serotonin
- Almost half of young women living with mental ill health, national survey shows
Jessica is a Psychotherapist and Counsellor with over 10 years’ experience working in a broad range of settings. Jessica is fueled by a passion to develop unique ways of understanding how we think, what we feel and why we behave as we do. I work with children, adolescents and adults.
- Utah's Republican and Democratic candidates for governor made a campaign ad together. Researchers showed the ad to study participants nationwide and found that it reduced support for political violence and undemocratic practices.
- How toxic positivity in the workplace damages our mental health
- Marital satisfaction declines from pregnancy up to 12 months postpartum for both men and women
- A case report on the efficacy of vigabatrin analogue (1S, 3S)-3-amino-4-difluoromethylenyl-1-cyclopentanoic acid (CPP-115) in a patient with infantile spasms
- Innovative technology for cerebral blood flow imaging: Single ip injection turns the blood fluorescent for months. Liver-secreted fluorescent blood plasma markers enable chronic imaging of the microcirculation (Cell Reports Methods)
- Progress and Pitfalls in Developing Agents to Treat Neurocognitive Deficits Associated with Schizophrenia